Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Halfway to 70!

Well, it's birthday time again for me, and with this one I tip the hourglass closer to 40 than I am to 30. My dear brother called to remind me that I am now 1/2-way to 70. 70 is the new 60, 60 is the new 50, etc. so by the time that trickles down, I'm nearly 20 right? I've had 35 blessed years with a wonderful family and the great friends that God has put in my path. A good "old" friend of mine (in terms of years known, not years lived) had a wonderful idea to pay it forward and celebrate her 35th birthday by performing 35 random acts of kindness. She has been kind enough to post it on her blog, so I may just borrow some of her good ideas. What a great idea. So I vow to pay it forward with 35 acts of kindness to share my birthday celebration with others, even strangers. It will take a while, but I will keep accountable by posting it here on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. you can count throwing your sister-in-law a bridal shower as an act of kindness! or two even!

    ReplyDelete